If this is your 1st time attending a TravCon - welcome! We look forward to meeting you
Here are some useful tips to have a great #TravCon18 experience:
- Pre-register for your conference ticket – tickets sold at the door are not guaranteed and reliant on space and food restrictions
- Make your hotel reservation – we sell out our room block every year.
- Decide whether you’d like to share your room with another traveler to save some cash. Try posting on TravCon Roommate Facebook Group to find other travelers who are looking to share. Guidelines and suggestions are on that page.
- Make your travel arrangements. If you are flying, we suggest you setup an Airfare Watchdog to get the best fare possible. Once you arrive at LAS – McCarran International Airport, you can use a hotel shuttle, Uber, Lyft, Taxi or Limo to get you to your hotel. TravCon18 is at Bally's Hotel on the strip
- If you are driving, we suggest you carpool, it’s good for the environment.
- Tell everyone that you are going to your 1st TravCon! This is an exciting event. Use hashtag #TravCon18
- Depending on how your body temperature runs, pack for both heat and cold. Las Vegas is still very warm in September but the hotels keep their air conditioning running at full tilt so the conference rooms are quite cool. Pack layers for the most flexibility.
- Have a comfortable pair of shoes - distances are long both inside and out of the hotel. Even the Exhibit Hall is large! Also a special outfit or two for the social events.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste. Bally's Hotel provides soap and shampoo free of charge if you don’t feel like packing it. There is a Walgreens near the front entrance of Bally's in case you forget anything.
- If you’re sharing a room, pajamas are a great idea. Underwear is NOT pajamas.
- Reusable water bottle. Las Vegas air is very dry, it's a useful item to have with you wherever you go.
- Chargers for your electronic devices.
- Money for tips, food, excursions, drinks, etc. TravCon provides breakfast and lunch on the main conference days of Monday and Tuesday.
- Hydrate a bit more than normal a few days before the event. This will help with the dry hotel air and airplane travel.
Travelling by Air or Car
- Have your updated flight information and check into your flight before you hit the airport if you can. Bring your official ID: US drivers license or passport works.
- Arrive at the airport with plenty of time to check any luggage and to get through the security line without having to run frazzled to your gate. No one wants a panting, sweaty seatmate.
- Have your empty water bottle ready to fill to stay hydrated as well as ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones in the case of small humans who are being forced to sit still for hours at a time. Or help entertain them, whatever works for you.
- If you have not pre-arranged your ride from the airport to the hotel, doing so as you wait for your luggage is a good time. There is always a taxi waiting for you in Vegas.
- Have the correct hotel information entered into your GPS and have cash ready if you need to pay any tolls. Parking is no longer free for TravCon attendees. Follow the self-park signs for Bally's Hotel. It will be a bit of a trek to the front desk (everything is a trek in Vegas).
At the Conference
- Check into your hotel room, drop your stuff off, chat with your new roommates who may have arrived already, and settle in.
- Check out the online social calendar on our website or the various Facebook sites that cater to TravCon attendees to see what's happening
- TravCon attendees that opted for pre-conference Sunday sessions can check-in for their badge on Sunday from 8:30am on. TravCon attendees just attending the main conference can check-in for their badge anytime from Sunday noon on. Main conference attendees can also pick up their badges Monday morning.
- ALWAYS wear your TravCon badge inside the conference and to all TravCon hosted receptions (BootCamp reception Sunday evening and the AfterParty Tuesday evening). It's what gains you access to the speaking sessions, exhibit hall, food and fun. It’s also $199 to replace if you lose it.
- Don't wear your badge on outings away from the hotel. It can make you an easier target for hawkers.
Most importantly, HAVE A TON OF FUN! There's too much going on at TravCon for any one person to do. Choose your favorites (sessions, exhibit hall, social events) and make lots of new friends.