When TravCon began as a meet & greet with an educational side-component back in 2008, it was uncertain how far the project would go. The first 5 years were hard – the committee paid their own expenses and were barely scraping by. Slowly, with the help of many supporters that are still with us, we have become self sufficient enough to think beyond survival.
Now in its’ 11th year, TravCon has grown far more than we could have hoped for. Our goals have always been three fold: Educational, Professional & Social. Through these three pillars, we work to grow the professionalism and strength of the healthcare travel industry.
2018 marks the beginning of our TravCon Scholarship Program that we hope to continue for many years. Many of our attendees are working hard to advance their education through Bachelor & Master programs, and we want to help. We know education is expensive, yet can be the difference between landing a job/contract or not.
Each year, TravCon will offer up to ten $1000 grants to travelers meeting the following requirements:
- Current enrollment (in year of submission) in a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate in applicant’s healthcare field
- Attendance of at least one TravCon in the 3 years prior to submission (can include the current year)
- Completion of at least one travel assignment in the current year of submission
How to Submit:
Submit a short application essay telling us why you should be considered for a TravCon grant. The emphasis is on short – the entire essay should be one page or less. What to include:
- A short professional sketch including your prior pertinent education (graduated with ADN from NYU in 2009), time in your current professional role (Staff nurse in Chicago for 3 years), time as a healthcare traveler (i.e. Healthcare Traveler for 4 years).
- History of attending TravCon: (i.e.I attended TravCon in 2016 & 2017)
- Most recent completed travel assignment: including dates & employment agency
- Professional goal: (I hope to complete my BSN in 18 months and continue traveling or settle in the Midwest)
- A short statement as to why you should be considered for this scholarship. There are no specific elements that must be included. Some possibilities are a statement about how you support healthcare travelers or the wider community (helpful posts on social media, community volunteerism, mission trips, online history of participation in traveler focused groups, TravCon booster or PanTravelers member/supporter), personal financial need, difficult or complicated social or family considerations that would be eased by receiving this grant.
- A brief summary on how has traveling advanced your professional development
- Please provide proof of current enrollment and completion of most recent travel assignment (name of employer whom we can confirm with)
All applications are to be submitted by email (with attachments in pdf format only) to TravCon Scholarships by December 31st of each year. TravCon will announce the winners of the grants by January 31st of the following year. If there are more than 10 qualified submissions in one year, the TravCon committee will determine the winners based on the above merits.