TravCon Wants You To Share With Our Community!
Are you a healthcare traveler with a story to tell? Do you want to reach an audience of other travelers? TravCon is happy to announce that we are publishing original content on our website. The TravCon Hub is dedicated to sharing travelers’ content, both original and from other sources. We are for travelers, by travelers and want to help travelers through the journey of travel life. We are looking for writers who want to contribute to our library of resources.
Who Can Write For The TravCon Hub?
Anybody can write for the TravCon blog! Writers must have original content, which is relevant to our audience, and not self-promoting. Authors can be newbie travelers who want to reach a wider audience, novice bloggers, or established content creators in the industry. As a blog contributor, we want to share your story and YOU! We are happy to provide an author bio in your work and link to any of your social media accounts or websites.
Do I Need Prior Writing Experience To Contribute?
No! You do not need to be a published author to contribute to the TravCon Hub. In fact, we want to have travelers contribute who have not written at other places. We know how hard it is to run a blog, or get published, and we want to give you an opportunity to have your voice heard. That being said, we do have style guidelines for the writing to make the blogs professional and easy to read. Please review the style guidelines:
When submitting a piece to the TravCon Hub, please follow the following guidelines:
- Content must be original. This means that your piece cannot be published anywhere else on the internet (now or in the future). This is because having duplicate content on the web negatively affects the Google rankings of all of the websites that it is published on.
- Articles should fall between 700 words to 2000 words. Paragraphs should be between 3-6 sentences long. The majority of sentences should be 20 words or less. Therefore, please avoid run-on sentences and long paragraphs.
- Also, for reading ease, please break articles into subheadings and sections.
- Provide a 3-4 sentence author bio with any relevant links to your social media or websites to accompany your piece. Also, any financial disclosures or affiliates need to be stated.
- You can submit up to four photos per post to accompany the article. Ideally, we would love one of the photos to be a picture of you to accompany the author bio.
- TravCon reserves the right to edit pieces for reading ease and grammar.
- Pieces that have hate speech, bullying, etc will not be tolerated or published.
If you are interested in writing for the TravCon Hub, please email Julia (click on name for email). Please introduce yourself and pitch the topic that you would like to write about. All contributors will receive social media promotion over the TravCon channels of their work. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Author: Julia Kuhn MS CCC-SLP is a traveling speech-language pathologist who is passionate about helping healthcare professionals travel for work. You can find her at http://www.thetravelingtraveler.com
Published Feb 21, 2019